- Property Tax
- Deadlines, Due Dates & Mass Tax Bills File
Deadlines, Due Dates & Mass Tax Bills File
- Homestead Exemption application deadline: April 1
- 2022 Mobile Home taxes due date: April 1
- 2022 Property Taxes due date: November 30
2022 Penalty/Interest Accrual
The last day to pay without penalty or interest is November 30, 2022.
If a payment is late, interest and penalty will be added to the remaining balance.
- Interest of .6458% will be added each month to the outstanding balance, based on O.C.G.A. § 48-2-40. For more information concerning this statute access the following link to the Department of Revenue website: https://dor.georgia.gov/penalty-and-interest-rates
- A one-time 10% penalty will be added on December 20th
Important Note About Mortgage Companies
If property taxes are in escrow, property information will be made available to the mortgage companies; however, it is ultimately the responsibility of the property owner to ensure taxes are paid.
For questions regarding mortgage companies paying taxes on behalf of property owners, contact the mortgage company directly (especially, if there has been a recent change in mortgage companies).
Mass Tax Bills File
View the latest Mass Tax Bill file here.
- Contains all 2022 real estate tax bills and any associated back taxes. This file included all adjustments and payments as of 3/27/2023.
- Record Layout - Contains record layout for files
This information is intended for users who are capable of downloading and manipulating mass bill files. The files are generally updated each Monday.
The bill file contains information regarding outstanding property tax balances due to Richmond County as of the date indicated. While the information is public record, it must be noted that accuracy is contingent upon the source information, as compiled by the various agencies, and departments, both internal and external to, the consolidated government of Augusta, GA.
It is of utmost importance to watch for due dates before calling a taxpayer delinquent. In addition, some bills are coded bankruptcy and the taxpayers are protected by the bankruptcy laws. Other bills may be coded as under appeal or assessment change order pending and therefore not yet due. There may be other protections that need to be afforded taxpayers and I highly recommend working with my office staff before publishing anything taken from the enclosed information. Please call (706) 821-2391 for assistance.
Current Status / Balance
To obtain a current status or balance due from Richmond County Tax Commissioner’s office representatives, please call (706) 821-2391 or fax (706) 821-2419
Written requests may be sent to:
T. Chris Johnson
Suite 100 Municipal Building
535 Telfair Street
Augusta, GA 30901
Please supply bill number or map and parcel (for real property) on all requests. To obtain current balance (generally updated nightly), please click here.